I’ve been kicking around an idea for a minimalist set of blocks. Not just low detail (like all blocks already are, I suppose), but low material usage as well.
I guess the goal is to see how little surface area you need for them to still be easily stackable by a child. Here’s a couple of my first shots. Both are pretty fun, but they’ve already sparked some ideas about reducing material while increasing stackable surface.
I ordered a couple from Ponoko and threw up a KidMechano shop to see if I can sell a couple. We’ll see if they show up any faster than the ModiBot
parts I ordered from Shapeways (which were supposed to be here last week! Arggh!)